Salary: $20 per day (About 30-45 minutes each afternoon)
Education & Experience: Must have Class B CDL License. If needed, the BGC will pay for the School Bus and Passenger Endorsement with agreement to drive for the Boys & Girls Club. The BGC will also cover cost of Education Background Check. Must have a clean driving history!
Position Description & Responsibilities: This person will be responsible for picking up BGC members from Mixon Intermidiate School (one bus load) and Lisenby Primary School (one bus load) and taking them to the BGC each afternoon.
Directs and manages overall daily operations at the Club with the primary concern for a comprehensive, outcome-driven program and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations, program development, and membership administration. The Unit Director must plan, develop, schedule, oversee implementation, and supervise daily program activities and program staff.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Provide leadership and direction to all employees.
2. Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
3. Ensure an environment that facilitates achievement of youth development outcomes, with overall responsibility for cleanliness, attractiveness and safety of properties and equipment.
4. Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
5. Oversee proper record keeping and reporting to include grant deliverables, program evaluations, activities, events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements, all problems/issues, etc.
6. Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
7. Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensure programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
8. Compiles monthly statistical reports reflecting activities, attendance and participation.
9. Control expenditures against particular grant budgets, making recommendations for expenditures to purchase supplies and equipment.
10. Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place, overseeing the maintenance and operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club.
11. Recruit, select, manage and provide career development opportunities for employees. Conduct and attend regular staff meetings.
12. Develop collaborative partnerships with public entities, civic groups and social agencies within the community. Represent the organization and interpret its objectives, standards and programs.
Marketing and Public Relations
13. Develop and maintain public relations, promoting and stimulating membership within the Club. Coordinate all publicity for programs and services within the Club and the community.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Maintain contact with Site Directors. Interact with members as needed to discipline, advise and counsel.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize Club.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
• A minimum of three years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
• A minimum of three years work experience in management
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and very organized
• Demonstrated ability to work with board of directors
• Demonstrated ability regarding personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate staff
• Ability to deal effectively with members’ discipline problems
• Skilled at fundraising events
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics
• Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities
• May be required to drive Club van periodically
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Position may require standing/sitting for extended periods of time, reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, bending at the waist; seeing to review and analyze reports, documents or other reports; hearing and speaking to communicate and provide information to others; speaking to be heard before groups of people; position may require to lift, carry, pull or otherwise move objects between 10-20 pounds
Must clear the applicant screening process, interview(s), drug screening and background check
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
SEND RESUME TO JESSICABGC@YAHOO.COM
Salary: Varies on experience/Monday-Friday (3:00-6:00 p.m.)
Education & Experience: Experience working with children and preferably running small sports leagues.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
Staff will need to conduct age appropriate and creative games to play in the gym that pertains to the mind, body and soul competent of the Triple Play programs. Staff may also be required to run small sports leagues; flag football, basketball, whiffle ball, etc.